What to Expect?
Checking your hearing regularly is a smart idea, just as you would care for your eyes or teeth. A hearing test is nothing to worry about! Here is a quick idea on what to expect on your first visit.
Upon entering, you will notice that the practice is located in Dr. Kupfer’s home. You will experience a cozy, welcoming, and personal atmosphere with the efficiency and professionalism that you would expect from a high-end NYC audiology practice. In a post-Covid world, our setup is very conducive to highly private consultations with little or no exposure to others.
Your first hearing exam usually includes the following stages:
1. Dr. Kupfer will ask you about what is bothering you (or bothering others!), and some questions about your health and noise exposures.
2. Dr. Kupfer will inspect your ears fully – identifying any wax, fluid, or pain.
2. Dr. Kupfer will determine the softest sound that you can register; she does this by playing tones and asking you to respond.
3. Dr. Kupfer checks your ability to hear words with clarity through a series of short exercises.
4. If you are having memory concerns, Dr. Kupfer will include a complimentary Cognitive Screening to see whether your hearing loss is adding unnecessary burden to the mind.
5. If you are having tinnitus, Dr. Kupfer will determine which part of the ear is causing the irregularities.
Dr. Kupfer has been widely acclaimed for her ability to build relationships with her patients and make them feel at ease. Once Dr. Kupfer completes your exam, she will explain how your symptoms add up with your test results, and what you can expect moving forward. She will discuss with you the best treatment options or solutions available for your situation.
If you do need hearing aids, rest assured that Dr. Kupfer listens carefully to your specific needs and concerns, when presenting the suitable options. Her solutions will bring your hearing back to optimum functionality, while complimenting your lifestyle and budget.